Thanks to all the continuing support of Floridians in purchasing the “End Breast Cancer” specialty license plate as well as in the Florida Breast Cancer Foundation’s network of breast cancer supporters, survivors, and activists fighting to end breast cancer, we have invested over $6.0 million to fulfill our goal of dedicated funding for education and research programs in the state of Florida.
The Florida Breast Cancer Foundation (FBCF), along with those who generously support us with their talent, time, and resources, is working to better the lives of those facing breast cancer in Florida.
For the first time, FBCF has offered Direct Service grants to Broward County and Central Florida organizations: The grants offered in Broward County are to provide Tomosynthesis (3D) Diagnostic Mammograms. This will be a pilot program to assist individuals in Broward County in need of this service. The grants offered in Central Florida were awarded to organizations to provide living expenses to individuals in active treatment for Breast Cancer, that live within the designated counties. This is a pilot program to assist individuals in Central Florida in need of this service. The aim of both these pilot programs is to reach as many people as possible in the designated areas. Grants are available for services that take place over a 12-month period
Congratulations to the 2020 Awardees!
- Florida Department of Health in Broward County: Florida Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program
- Memorial Foundation, Inc.
- North Broward Hospital District d/b/a Broward Health
- Advent Health Daytona Beach, Volusia County
- Advent Health Palm Coast Foundation, Flagler County
- Advent Health Waterman Foundation, Lake County
- All About You Angels, Marion County
- Debbie Turner Cancer Care and Resource Center, Orange and Seminole County
- Greater Clermont Cancer Foundation, Lake County
- I'm Still Here Support Group, Volusia County
- Orlando Health - UF Health Cancer Center, Orange County
- Sister's Network of Orlando, Orange County
- Warriors on Water, Orange and Seminole County