The Application Process is Now Closed
Please check back October 1, 2024
Would your Florida nonprofit like to be notified of future funding opportunities?
Sign up to receive information on funding opportunities from the Florida Breast Cancer Foundation for Florida nonprofits and institutions.
We here at the Florida Breast Cancer Foundation (FBCF) know times are tough, and your needs are many. Last year, we added an additional $100,000 dollars to our regular funding cycle to offer MORE funding to nonprofits for living expenses for breast cancer patients in active treatment, Tomosynthesis (3D) Diagnostic Mammograms and/or screening MRIs to those in need, and most recently added, medical items for breast cancer patients and survivors.
Because the need continues to be great, we have kept that increase and are proud to now offer $400,000 annually in Direct Services funding to better serve breast cancer patients and survivors, and ensure those who need mammograms continue to have access. The Florida Breast Cancer Foundation, along with those who generously support us with their talent, time, and resources, is working harder than ever to improve the lives of those facing breast cancer in Florida and we continue to fight for YOU.
This RFA invites applications from any Florida-based 501 (c)(3) organization providing direct service support to breast cancer patients (see eligibility requirements for active treatment and survivorship).
- The Florida Breast Cancer Foundation anticipates awarding grant awards of up to $15,000 maximum each to organizations to provide living expenses to individuals in active treatment for Breast Cancer dependent on quality of applications received and budget availability. The aim of this initiative is to reach as many Florida breast cancer patients in active treatment as possible.
- The Florida Breast Cancer Foundation anticipates awarding grant awards of up to $15,000 maximum each to organizations to provide medical items to Breast Cancer patients and survivors dependent on quality of applications received and budget availability. The aim of this initiative is to reach as many Florida breast cancer survivors as possible.
- The Florida Breast Cancer Foundation anticipates awarding grant awards of up to $15,000 maximum each dependent on quality of applications received and budget availability, to organizations providing Tomosynthesis (3D) Diagnostic Mammograms or screening MRI services to assist residents of the state of Florida in need of these services. The aim of this initiative is to reach as many Floridians in need of 3D mammograms and/or MRI services as possible.
Areas of Interest
The intention of this award is to provide the (3) funding opportunities that organizations can apply for:
- Providing living expenses (see list below) to breast cancer patients in active treatment. Services of interest for this RFA include, but are not limited to:
- Travel Expenses for medical appointments
- Child Care
- Rent / Mortgage
- Household Cleaning
- Yard Maintenance
- Providing medical items (see list below) to all breast cancer patients and survivors. Medical items of interest for this RFA include, but are not limited to:
- Lymphedema sleeves
- Assisting residents of state of Florida in need of Tomosynthesis (3D) Diagnostic Mammography procedures and/or MRI Screening services.
Only Florida-based non-profit community-based organizations that are tax-exempt under Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(3), Florida governmental entities, Florida-based tax-exempt educational institutions, and Indian tribes within the State of Florida, are eligible to apply for funding. Organizations registered as 501(c)(3) entities outside of Florida are eligible to apply if a physical presence is maintained within the state of Florida that is open and fully operating for 12 months a year. All activities funded through this competition must occur in Florida. All work must occur, and all funds must be spent in Florida at the applicant organization and any collaborating entities within Florida. Applications must be submitted in English.
Eligible organizations may apply for any of the outlined funding opportunities; however, the grant application process is competitive for each opportunity. Therefore, separate applications must be completed for each opportunity if an organization wishes to apply for more than one. Failure to follow this requirement may result in the organization’s application being administratively rejected.
Stay up to date on future funding opportunities for Florida nonprofits and institutions.
Instructions for ProposalCentral.com
1) To start an application, go to the ProposalCentral website by clicking the pink button below, APPLY HERE.
- NEW USERS: If you are a new user to ProposalCentral, follow the “Need an Account?” link and complete the registration process.
- PREVIOUSLY REGISTERED USERS: If you are already a registered user, login at proposalcentral.com with your username and password. If you have forgotten your password, click “Forgot your Password?” link.
2) Once you are logged in, please click the “Professional Profile” tab at the top and complete steps 1-10 or update with current information. Information on several of the pages (Project Director and Organization/Institution) in the Application will be pulled from the Professional Profile.
3) To start an application, select the Grant Opportunities tab and a list of applications will be displayed. Find Florida Breast Cancer Foundation and click the Apply Now link next to the Direct Services Grant to create your Application.
If you have any technical issues, please contact ProposalCentral at firstname.lastname@example.org.