The Florida Breast Cancer Foundation (FBCF), along with those who generously support us with their talent, time, and resources, is working to better the lives of those facing breast cancer in the Florida community. Thanks to the continuing support of Floridians who have purchased the End Breast Cancer specialty license plate, along with the Foundation’s network of breast cancer supporters, survivors, and advocates fighting to end the suffering caused by breast cancer, we have been able to award over $6 million in dedicated funding for education and research programs in the state of Florida.
Only through research will breast cancer be defeated and FBCF continues to challenge the scientific community to design innovative research that will foster new directions for, address neglected issues in, and bring new investigators to the field of breast cancer research. FBCF focuses its funding on research projects that have the potential to make a significant impact on breast cancer, particularly in multidisciplinary and/or multi-institutional collaborations.
2019 Priority Areas
This year’s designated Scientific Research Grant themes are:
- Basic, clinical, and translational breast cancer research.
- Understanding the links between environmental factors and breast cancer in Florida.
- Novel epidemiological studies to provide insight on opportunities for improving breast cancer detection and treatment in Florida.
- Psycho-immunologic mechanisms and breast cancer progression: implications for improving outcomes.
- Innovative awards and idea grants